Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Monday

The next zombie apocalypse movie could be filmed in Tours, France. There wouldn't even need to be a specially designed set. When I left the apartment I was renting in Tours for the one night I spent in the city, I didn't see a single human until I was quite a ways down the road into the city center.

I wanted to see France outside of Paris, though, so there I was.



To Tours' credit, the city probably isn't always that empty. The day after easter, the only day I spent exploring Tours, is a major holiday in France. Most shops are closed and people are home from work, which probably kept residents home. I did see a woman walking with a baguette sticking out of a shopping bag. It was really... French.

Tours wasn't all bland, though. There are houses in the town center from the middle ages that made me feel like I was in a fairy tale for a moment, and when I wandered across the bridge that crosses the Loire river, I encountered a more rural, agricultural part of France that had a charming church and a pretty view. There were even people in the park on the riverside on their day off. People!


No comments:

Post a Comment